In the workshop the focus is on test administration issues and on
practice in giving feedback and interpretation of BarOn EQ-i™
scores. Your own scores on the test are used as practice material. This
workshop is offered on demand. Some outdoor activity is part of the
This training course, developed by Multi-Health Systems Inc., will
include detailed information and instruction on the administration,
scoring, interpretation, development, norming, and validity of the
BarOn EQ-i™. It will provide you with the information you will
need to make educated and informed decisions regarding your employees
Topics will include:
- The history of emotional intelligence/review of various theoretical perspectives on emotional intelligence
- The development of the BarOn EQ-i™
- How to administer the BarOn EQ-i ™ and to interpret results
- How to give constructive feedback
- Why it is important to only use tests with documented reliability and validity
- Ethical use of the BarOn EQ-i™ and other tests in
employment and development settings - review of other tests of
- Practice giving feedback and interpreting results
What will I gain from the BarOn EQ-i™ Certification Workshop?
The completion of the BarOn EQ-i™ Certification Workshop will:
- Qualify you to purchase and administer the BarOn EQ-i™
- Familiarize you with all aspects of the BarOn EQ-i™ for effective and responsible use
- Provide you with information you need to make educated and informed decisions about your employees and/or clients
- Provide you with the necessary knowledge and tools to present on the Topic of Emotional Intelligence and the BarOn EQ-i™
- Have the opportunity to take the BarOn EQ-i™ and have an individual feedback session to interpret your results.
Applications of the BarOn EQ-i™
The BarOn EQ-i™ has been tested on over 110,000 individuals
worldwide and is the first scientifically developed and validated
measure of emotional intelligence. It measures one's ability to deal
with daily environmental pressures and demands. A growing body of
research also suggests that emotional intelligence is a better
predictor of success in life than cognitive intelligence (IQ).
The BarOn EQ-i™ is very versatile as it can be employed in various settings and situations. It is appropriate in:
- Corporate, counseling, clinical, educational, forensic, medical, and research settings
- Assessment of one’s general degree of emotional
intelligence, potential for emotional health and present psychological
- Assessment and mapping of psychological and social strengths and weaknesses
- Employee selection and/or development
- Assessment of potential for success
About the Facilitator
Drs. Theo Bögels (M.A. in clinical psychology) is managing
director of PEN Psychodiagnostics. He worked to assist individuals and
organizations for the past 15 years. He has been certified by
Multi-Health Systems Inc. of Toronto, Ontario, Canada to deliver the
EQ-i Certification Course.
About the Workshop
Upon registering you will receive 1 BarOn EQ-i™ 1 Technical
Manual and the book, "The EQ Edge" by Dr. Steven Stein and Dr. Howard
Before the workshop, you are required to:
- Complete the BarOn EQ-i™ online. (Please take about 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete)
- At a minimum, read the introductory chapter of the Technical Manual and read the EQ Edge.
At the Workshop:
- The course begins at 10:00 a.m. (day 1) or 09.30 (days 2 and 3), and finishes at
5:15 p.m. each day.
- You will receive a comprehensive workbook with study notes
- Your own BarOn EQ-i™ results will be handed out
- You will complete an exam at the end of the 2nd day (approx. 30-40)
- You will receive your own one-on-one feedback during the course
The fee of EUR 2110 includes all materials received before or
during the workshop, breakfast, lunch and refreshments served during
the training, as well as certification from MHS Inc.
After the course
Scoring and report generation can be provided for by PEN
Psychodiagnostics: you mail (fax) in the answer sheet, and the report
is sent back to you. Software for your own report generation can be
supplied. Internet Administration is possible.
Provided test manuals are in the English language. Tests may be
administered in German; report language: German (or many other
languages, by choice).
As our workshops are scheduled on an on-demand basis, please contact us
by email and let us know where you would like to see the next workshop
take place and include your name, daytime telephone number, and the
city you live in. Minumum: 6 attendees.
If you would like to get certified but you cannot make yourself available for any of the above listed
training workshops, we can place you on our contact list where you will be periodically advised of
To pre-register, please call 00 31 481 465 565. You will then be sent more information and a registration form.
Fees are due and payable upon registration.
Feel free to call to discuss how the workshop will benefit you and your work.
Registration deadline is 3 weeks prior to scheduled workshop date.
Confirmation and a receipt will be forwarded to you upon registration.
Please do not make travel arrangements before receiving confirmation of
your registration either by mail or telephone. PEN reserves the right
to cancel workshops up to two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date if
attendance requirements are not met. PEN will not be held responsible
for non-refundable travel arrangements before that time. Registrations
for the BarOn EQ-i™ workshops are processed on a first-come,
first-serve basis and seating is limited. Please call or email us to